Jackoboard Sealing Kit
A quick drying, flexible, liquid membrane for use on rigid surfaces in bathrooms, wet rooms and showers. Use with TileBacker Sealing Tape to create a wet floor tanking system. On floors subject to movement such as chipboard, plywood or timber floorboards it is recommended that you strengthen the floor by overboarding with Jackoboard tile backer boards. Substrates The membrane adheres to concrete, brick, plasterboard, cement/sand renders, gypsum plaster and tilebacker boards. Preparation Ensure that surfaces are clean, rigid and free from any contamination which may prevent adhesion. If the surface is porous, prime with a suitable primer.
- 7.5kg Tanking Liquid
- 2 x Internal Corners
- 10m Sealing Tape
- The membrane should be applied using a brush or roller.
- Coat the wall and floor junctions with the liquid membrane and place the sealing internal corners firmly into place. It is suggested that a wallpaper scraper is the ideal tool for this task.
- Add more membrane over the internal corners so that you can overlap with the sealing tape by about 50mm. Apply more membrane over all the joints in the wet area and cover with the sealing tape.
- If required apply the membrane over the wall and floor areas in the wet area.
- You can reinforce around pipework by using sealing pipecollars.
- When the first coat becomes touch dry apply a second coat over the entire area as necessary.
- Tools can be cleaned in clean water after use.
- Allow 2 – 4 hours before tiling.
- Drying time for the membrane can vary depending on temperature and humidity.
- Apply the tiling adhesive once the membrane is completely dry.